Thursday, September 14, 2017

HOLIDAY SEASON IS BLOWING..The Fires Out!

     Oh my word...Autumn is right around the corner...and so are the Holiday's. Where did our summer go?
     In my state of Oregon...we were met with hard skies of smoke and choke. Luckily, I live on the coast, so it didn't hang around very long. But my heart goes out to those who suffered so much longer and lost their homes to the fires. To top that unfortunately, we had natural disasters all around our great country. Thinking we all need a break....a soft distraction...something simple and fun to think about or look forward too. The changing of the season~
     One of my son's and his fiancé, took me to a place called Hobby Lobby. Now I know many of you are going "So what?"  Well....I've never been, yet alone have heard of the place, lol..I know, right?? Such an out of touch creature, I am.
     I draw much inspiration from such places. Yes, I do buy some things. But mostly, with cell camera in hand, I snap pics of different items thinking in my head " I can do that myself for a fraction of the cost!"  Even though I'm able to get what I want, I always want the best kind of deal no matter what it is. I think it's in my DNA.
      I pretty much had to work and pay for my own school clothes growing up. My mother made us some when we were really young. And I thank her for trying...but oh my word-there was no one in the house to guide me with fashion, or to even know how to apply make-up. I did get a few pointers from an older girl who lived down the street. There was that relief in my youth.. ha! When your a young girl, you need guidance for those kinds of things, trust me.
     Anyway, I digress...I will share a few examples of what I can do myself in regards to crafty items. I think you will agree with me. Have some fun this season.... find your own creative bone. Save a few bucks for yourself or to donate to help others who have suffered through a tragedy this year.

     I love a classic-vintage-rustic-whimsical look. Wait, there's a name for that...Eclectic!


 
And I can paint and draw..so something like this will be fun. You could create any picture really.
Go now, and fill your hearts with positive thoughts. Thoughts that make you forget the speed bumps so far this year. Look forward.
Keep Smiling
~PEACE OUT~ my friends
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portland, Oregon in the Holiday Seasons

While sitting behind a computer part of the day, working, getting eye strain and wanting to be finished...my mind wandered to the stormy we...