Monday, March 28, 2016

Spring is here and so comes 420~

Here I am sitting at my son's table, eating gourmet jelly beans a day after Easter!
How have you all been?
Me, I've had a rough two weeks with being ill and sore from a couple of medical procedures-YIKES! But nevertheless, I'm up and trucking around the Newport area soaking up some much needed sunshine and fresh sea air. I craved jelly beans so badly over the weekend. I even sent one of my kids out to hunt some down for me...to no avail. Funny how you get cravings for something and it  turns into a quest in order to satisfy your weakness. I was bedridden at the time, so I was unable to go "find" any for myself...until today.
I did however enjoy watching my so-far small deck garden begin to grow shoots of various kinds. I've forgotten some of what I planted, so I'm sure it will be a nice surprise when they bloom. My thoughts and actions have been more focused on getting things done for others and getting my vacay all in order for June. I can't wait~
I was thinking about what made me happy in life...some of the little things, like when I was a wee one.....
 
Playing with the dollhouse my grandmother gave my mother, then passed it down to me. ( I have since  passed it to my 10 year old granddaughter)
Then when I was a young lady, just like most, I guess, I loved talking to my friends on the phone. Making plans to get together and do all kinds of fun adventures. Usually taking off for the weekend to go exploring~
Yes- that is a rotary phone on the end of that cord...haha..I'm dating myself here...'Twas in the mid-eighties.....
Anyhow, here I am, coming up on my birthday again. It's a funny thing that my son's always remember the date: 4/20!!!
For you that are unaware, it's a police code for "weed". Their grandfather was a Seattle police officer and taught them many codes and etc. This is a substance I am truly allergic too~ go figure.
But in my book- whatever it takes to be remembered on my birthday...I can laugh about it! For it truly is the 'fun' and simple things in life that makes us flow in life.
 
Now, I just love to travel when I can. Therefore, I am taking a month off and running away to different states to see family and friends this summer...and do a little self exploring on my own.
This will be the first time I am off by myself without nobody in tow~ Kind of exhilarating for myself. This trip had started from going to one state and visiting one friend and his wife- to, three states and a whole mess of beautiful wonderful fun family and friend's time. All I can think about now is ...
SWEET!
I can rock this!!!
Enjoy life, enjoy spring. Time to start walking and taking it all in again..
Peace, smile and think only positive things~
Namaste'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portland, Oregon in the Holiday Seasons

While sitting behind a computer part of the day, working, getting eye strain and wanting to be finished...my mind wandered to the stormy we...