Sunday, April 17, 2016

Spring-gagagagagaga!

So happy spring has sprung and summer is just around the corner. Enjoying the nice warm sunshine when it decides to peek out during the day. I have met a nice friend that is interning for Land Management here at the Y. lighthouse in Newport. She is a sweet young lady with a lot of light inside her as well. I'm hoping to do a family walk there this week, with the family and friends that are going to descend upon me, this my birthday week. Yes, that's right...I will now be able to qualify for a senior discount haha..But hey, I'm keeping young and in shape. She is going to give us the private royal tour! I shall blog and post pictures if the weather cooperates!
I'm also getting golf lessons from a PGA tour master as a gift. He will be teaching a lefty too boot! He is happy though, and prefers that I am new to the sport and haven't developed any "bad habits". What he doesn't know is how much of a goofball I really am!!!!!
I can laugh at myself on a dime- it doesn't take much. I can usually make others laugh with me...if they possess a funny bone of any size~ Not sure if I will take pictures of that, as I will be busy trying to look like I'm getting it all down..haha. We shall see.
I am also trying, albeit slowly, to learn old Hebrew. Written and spoken. It's been a desire of mine for decades. What better way to keep my mind sharp and in tact. I am also having a missionary come over and teach me some sign language. He is a doll for taking time out of his work to educate me. I get free lessons, and hopefully I will be given the chance to communicate with anyone who uses sign language down the road. Share some love and smiles.
I think that no matter how hard or trying life can be at times, you need to stay positive. You need to find new ways to improve your life. I like to connect that with finding ways to help other people. Sometimes just sharing a kind smile when someone is having a crap day will do them a world of good. I know it has for me in the past..
I also believe in being a bit of a goofball. Not the annoying kind, but a happy-make you giggle kind..at the appropriate time of course. I would like to keep being that little fun spark in the lives that are put in front of me. Because frankly, it helps keep me in a good mood too!!!!!!!!  WIN-WIN, right?!
So go on out there in your part of the world and make it a fun productive day. For you, for everyone in your path. 
Remember:
 
~PEACE OUT~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portland, Oregon in the Holiday Seasons

While sitting behind a computer part of the day, working, getting eye strain and wanting to be finished...my mind wandered to the stormy we...