Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Who gives a story meaning?

Who gives a story meaning? The ones who read it!
There is a young girl, the age of ten who lives in my neighborhood. She comes up to me often wanting to give me a hug and a smile. This brightens my day. This precious child tells me she thinks I'm pretty. What I'm actually hearing in her voice is her want of reassurance that she herself is pretty and acceptable. How do I know this? I know her well enough to understand how much value she puts into teen magazines, pop stars and even television kid shows. These types of media, etc. put a lot of focus on body image...what is and isn't acceptable.
I make sure she knows how beautiful inside and out she is.
 Reality is, if you have inner beauty-it radiates to your outsides. This is true for boys as well.
Lets be honest here-old and young need to keep a focus on what true beauty is. We also need to take the focus off of ourselves and onto creating joy, love and my favorite...laughter!!!
Which brings me to friendships. Male and female friendships.. all very valuable.
Early this morning I get a knock on my door. A special delivery for me....yay~how fun!
opening the box, I find a few special likes of mine- and this.....

What a great way to start my day! Needless to say that all my preaching to everyone about finding your smile each day, someone who is very dear to me, gave me mine!!
Its not the object itself, its the love that was put behind it and sent with....the words on the cup are priceless. This is one of my many friends, who cares and speaks with sunshine.
 Along with a simple smile, words can warm the heart and make your insides glow..
If you can't relate, or you don't have someone in your life to lift you up. Reach out to me. I'm full of happiness. Enough for you too. Keep returning each week, maybe I can give you enough reason to feel better. Give you something to lighten your week with at least. No one should feel alone or bummed out.
Don't forget, seize every opportunity to laugh. It doesn't cost anything. Its contagious. Even if your day is in the pits. Don't make me pull this blog over and get silly! ha~ Peace out my precious reading elves!

1 comment:

  1. When I spotted this cup I needed to get it. Simple words with special meaning. Yesterday,today and tomorrow. Mugs and hugs

    ReplyDelete

Portland, Oregon in the Holiday Seasons

While sitting behind a computer part of the day, working, getting eye strain and wanting to be finished...my mind wandered to the stormy we...