Saturday, February 20, 2016

Life~

I really like stairs. Stairs of all kinds. That might seem a little bit odd, your thinking. But if you really think about it, you use stair to go "up" to get somewhere new. To make it to another level-right?
My life to me, has been like climbing stairs. I've always seemed to be climbing with some sort of effort to get higher than where I was. Sometimes, I felt like I was pushed down those stairs because I chose the wrong route and there was nothing really to hang on to but a simple rough board that splinters...
 I would have to get back up; clean my wounds and find my strength to grab hold of the, 'hopefully' new path and pull harder to go forward again. Have you ever felt like that?
  My faith has gotten me through some rough times. The railing that was offered to me was usually at first the plain cold steal bar. It was made to be uncomfortable and cold while I was hanging on tight to get one step closer to the top. If I focused on my journey, and struggled to keep on God's path for myself; the railing slowly became more smooth and sometimes a bit ornate. Quite nice to hold onto, in fact. I felt a little more secure and started to enjoy the climb.
 
Even so....sometimes, I would get tired out from traipsing up and just stay where I was. I'd ponder what life should have been or could of been had I tried out another avenue...or if there was something just really wrong with the way I was doing things (imagine that-ha-common sense right?)....how exhausting, how unproductive-ugh!
But I suppose, everyone needs a rest now and again. Since I was a single mother, I had no one to lean on and help steady me, or catch me when I fell. A person can obtain a lot of bumps and bruises doing it alone. Unfortunately, I obtained a lot of  physical and emotional scar's 'when' I was married. But I am a strong soul, and strive to be at peace and happy-and forgiveness was the first step to begin my upward journey-the right stairs~
I had to try a few different ways up, a few different styles..to get it right. And that's ok! It's called "growth". The staircase that works for me is one in a sacred place. I had to first learn how to get out of my own way....that was the hard part..HA!
But the way I chose has been very freeing and beautiful ( yes, even when times get rough, I can still find the calm in the storms that I sometimes have to weather through)

It's full of amazing learning and adventures...and promptings of a spiritual kind. The view is bright and the rail is smooth and strong.
 I can be kind of a knucklehead sometimes, still, but not like before. I know to stay within the bounds of good kind living. I now believe I'm worth it!!!! So are you!!!!~
 I've let go of things that were knocking me down those stairs. I know I have family, friends and 'Him' to hold me up and walk beside me as needed....One step at a time..
What staircase are you walking up these days? Are you enjoying the climb? Or is it time to choose another one...one that suit's you better to where you want to end up being, once you've hit the top?~
I am quite content on the one I have chosen. Maybe we can meet at the top. I will be the one who will be standing there with a big bright smile and my arms wide open~
Peace out~
 
Ps. Health tip of the week....Eat more at home. Eat real foods...reduce the processed items you put in your mouth. Your body will heal inside out.
Herbs and spices are important too. Helps lower inflammation in your tissues...among other naturally wonderful things.
I will also be gone for a couple weeks-important life need be's~
I shall return ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portland, Oregon in the Holiday Seasons

While sitting behind a computer part of the day, working, getting eye strain and wanting to be finished...my mind wandered to the stormy we...