Friday, April 29, 2016

The Soul of a Buffalo-Tatanka

     My sister and I have always had a deep respect and love for the buffalo. They are a soulful breed that airs to the side of wild intentions. You can see deep into their hearts through the eyes, and see the resilient stance of their ancestors of long ago; having to fight for life across the plains as we humans slaughtered them for food. We wore their coats to keep us warm and many other ways for our benefit. They sustained us for a very long time.
 But I am glad I can still travel to 'mid-states', and go see them in herds... being protected... so they can survive us humans. I believe in being a caretaker to our planets living things.
      There is just something so strong and majestic, yet soft and peaceful about the Bison, when they are just trying to exist.
My hope is to see some on my trip to various states this June and July. I'm hoping for the opportunity to capture some good photo's with my camera. There are some here in Oregon. But they are raised for food. They are different. It's not the same kind of spirit within them~ but still beautiful nonetheless...
     It's like- you can go see horses in captivity..well, just about anywhere...but there are a few small herds that are wild and protected...so far....
There is something different in the hearts of animals that can still roam the earth with a free flowing soul. There is something so different behind their eye's.
 Maybe some see it- maybe some don't.... I do~
     I hope us as "humans", can keep a part of our "free flowing souls" from completely getting overshadowed by everyday drudgery. We need to remind ourselves that we must live to the fullest of our potentials...meaning keeping our joy and positive-ness in our hearts, so when people see us...really look into our eye's, they strive to want what we have. They can see that we have a purpose behind our eye's. They can see into our souls and know that we can breath outside of this worlds boundaries. To say we are happy-and really mean it!
    
The last time someone asked you how you were...and you replied "I'm fine"....did you mean it? Or was it the casual thing to say?...Or if you asked someone how they were and they answered...how they really were...did you roll your eye's because you were only asking to be polite or because you were 'roboting' the question and your thinking in your head..."I really don't want to hear this???"
     Either way, I think we need to be more like the Tatanka..yes I said buffalo...and stand by each other in strength and fellowship. Protect each other, stand together and support the 'herd'! Our instincts should be as sharp as theirs.
Let us strive to live in peace on this earth together...while we are here.
                                                      

                                                                    ~ Peace out~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Portland, Oregon in the Holiday Seasons

While sitting behind a computer part of the day, working, getting eye strain and wanting to be finished...my mind wandered to the stormy we...